Thursday, November 22, 2007

Giving thanks...

I guess that's what this day is for right? Well....lets see....I'm thankful for my health, family, friends, and the freedom to make decisions that affect my life. Life is far from easy and I've never been the luckiest guy, but I'm super thankful that I have the ability every day to choose what I want to do and take responsibility for those choices. Far from everyone has that freedom and it's a shame that those who do abuse it or don't use it at all. It's easy to take all these things for granted when you were born into a life of opportunities. I'm not talking about being rich and spoiled although many people are. I'm just saying...if you have your health, some people in your life that love and support you, and you don't live in some kind of political mess that controls your life, then most of your life is the result of decisions you've made and make daily. I tell a lot of my friends that have made poor decisions in the past and feel the weight of unresolved issues or consequences of their actions, "every moment you have the opportunity to make the right decisions from here on out." The past is the past and it all has to be dealt with and you do have the freedom to work through it, but it's the freedom to change from this point on that should be taken advantage of.

Anyways...I think the best way to give thanks in retrospect is to live life to the fullest, take advantage of the things life gives you, and give back....always give back.

No comments: