Sunday, November 25, 2007

Curry Butternut Squash Soup

Dasi Feingold, one of the worlds nicest people and a very close family friend, taught me a while back how to make butternut squash soup. Since then, in my never ending quest to put my own twist on things and personalize them, I tweaked the recipe a little and added curry among a couple other things.

So here it is:

1) Skin the butternut squash and take out the guts (seeds)
2) Cut it up into 1in cubes or so
3) Bring chicken broth to boil
4) Add a bunch of curry, salt, seasoned salt, seasoned pepper, chili powder, garlic, and paprika
5) Add butternut squash cubes (make sure that the broth BARELY covers the squash. better to have to add broth or water than have too much.
6) Leave it in there for at least 25 min. (I don't think you can leave it for TOO long. I tend to forget about it and then when I remember, it's time!)
7) Use like a potato masher or something to mash up all the squash and BAM...JEWELZ...you got a BOMB Curry Butternut Squash Soup!!!

Enjoy...it's delicious!

No comments: