Sunday, December 9, 2007

Music shit worth noting!!!

DAM FUNK!!! That's the name! This dude spun a set at a "KOOL" party my boys Jackson and Wes threw called Electro Boogie Body Rock.

I rolled in with crew sailing on a cloud of some medicinal good lovin'. Skip the pounds and small talk with the fam and go straight to Dam Funk spinning one of the dopest sets I have EVER HEARD. On some super deep funk grooves. I don't think I recognized more than 2 tracks the WHOLE TIME and he spun for about an hour. The shit was perfectly Spacey with rich bass filled undertones.

Dam Funk is THE TRUTH! I've been using that term a bit lately, but NOT UNJUSTLY.


Other things worth noting is my boy Deric Mahaney's website, www.thismachineco.com/daily/wp/ - A dope site featuring rare funk/soul/jazz 45's. I think EVERY DAY has a new 45 track featured. I will be regularly uploading songs to this as well.


Some of you from Detroit might know about People record shop. Well Brad who I think owns it has a site with a TON of rare funk in shit. www.bradhales.podomatic.com/ Check it out!

No comments: