Sunday, December 9, 2007

living in a digital world - tha saga pt. 1

This is already going to be at least 5 chapters long and hopefully it's not getting longer....

The Sad, Incredibly Testing Story of The Boy Who Loved Music and his Digital Woes


Let's start in the beginning...

About 3 years ago I'd say, I started organizing all my music into playlists. The idea was to have a playlist for nearly any situation or mood and be able to hit random and hear songs that were all perfect for that time...

After I moved to Cali...around the time I lost my job and girlfriend, was completely fucked with a financial situation back home (once again) with tenants that weren't paying and a mortgage that was killing me quickly, I LOST ALL MY PLAYLISTS.

I did a clean install and despite having dragged my entire HD onto my external HD and then dragging it back after the clean install, somehow, my playlists didn't make it.

So, for the first time, I had to REORGANIZE my at the time 28,000 songs. Just so you understand what that entails....I go thru EVERY SONG one by one and put it in any number of playlists that it fits into. At the time I had around 55 playlists. With no choice but to get on the grind, I knocked it ALL out. I had ALL my songs perfectly organized.

That's part 1. Stay tuned as 150 hours of hard work gets wiped out like New Orleans.

No comments: